A LOT of people have asked me about protein-only diets. To me they are a little worrying because protein makes your body acidic and acid disease can flourish. Just to make sure I asked our nutritionist of the moment Natalie Grimm “are protein-only or high-protein diets really bad for me?” She said yes — read on…. 1. Consuming excess protein has been linked to the following:
- Liver and kidney damage.
2. Imbalance within the body. Excess protein can unbalance acid/alkaline levels, potassium/sodium levels, calcium/magnesium levels and omega-6 to omega-3 ratios. 3. What you could be putting into your body:
- Animal hormones.
- Sugar, salt and preservatives and “fillers”.
- Artificial sweeteners which your body doesn’t recognise and may be carcinogenic.
4. What you are missing out on by excluding fruit and vegetables:
- Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Enzymes which help break down food.
- Pre-biotics which feed good gut bacteria.
View original post 332 more words