Why mushrooms need to be a part of your daily/weekly diet:
- High in Selenium: Selenium helps with DNA repair, which with adequate intake of this mineral will help with a reduced risk for cancer.
- High in Riboflavin (B2): Riboflavin is necessary for the recycling of glutathione, an antioxidant that protects energy-producing mitochondria from oxidative damage.
- Contains Zinc, Copper, and Manganese: Free radical scavengers.
- Tryptophan: Sleep promoting.
- Fiber, Magnesium, and Potassium: All for a healthy heart.
Make sure to store in a paper bag so they can breathe in the refrigerator. Never wash them in water, just wipe with a wet paper towel. And just slice or chop and eat as a side dish or add to any dish/salad!
I love to slice the mushrooms and saute them in a little bit of broth for about 5-7 minutes, not too long so you keep them as nutrient dense as possible. …
View original post 46 more words