As the weather turns colder here in Utah, I find my body starting to crave certain foods…warm soups, hot cocoa, root vegetables (available in winter when other vegetables are hard to find), and winter squash such as butternut, acorn, and spaghetti. I have never been a huge winter squash fan, mainly because I was unsure how to prepare it. Once I dove in and tried it, I discovered it was really quite simple. I even put it on pizza this past weekend and it turned out heavenly! Add it to one of your favorite dishes this week or as a side dish.
1. Peel skin off squash with a peeler or a knife.
2. Cut the top and bottom off of the squash.
3. Cut squash into 1/2″ – 1″ rings.
4. Remove seeds and dice rings into cubes.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, lay squash cubes…
View original post 123 more words