Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
contributed by Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
This gluten-free recipe is perfect for breakfast in fall and winter. The cinnamon brings out the sweetness in the apple and, unlike the texture of creamy oatmeal, each bite has a snappy little crunch to it.
- ¼ cup dry Alter Eco Quinoa
- ¼ cup Clover Milk (soy or almond milk is okay)
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Pyure Organic Stevia
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbps. chia seeds
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring quinoa, milk, and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, stevia, raisins, apple, and chia seeds.
- Continue cooking on low heat until all liquid is absorbed. Total cook time ranges between 8 and 12 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared in Fit Foodie Finds and is…
View original post 26 more words